Faroex Ltd. is located in the geographic centre of North America in the Industrial Business Park of Gimli, Manitoba, Canada. Gimli is a resort community on the shore of Lake Winnipeg, the 10th largest body of fresh water and 3rd largest hydroelectric reservoir in the world. Faroex's facility is comprised of two buildings totalling 50,000 sq.ft of production space, 5, 000sq.ft of office space, and 25,000 sq.ft of warehousing and shipping. Faroex Ltd. owns the land and buildings.
- Testing and certification
- Machine shop
- Injection molding - thermoplastics
- Natco 1200 ton
- Cincinnati Milacron Magna 800 ton
- Pultrusion - six machines ranging from 24" to 48" capacity
- Vacuum-assisted Resin Transfer Molding - capable of molding flat-and-3-D panels up to 40' x 102" x 4" thick.
- Reaction Injection Molding (RIM) - molding Class "A" panels and components for lightweight, low-cost transit and commercial truck applications.
- Post-mold finishing: trimming, machining, sand blast surfacing, assembly, bonding, and packaging. Full paint line - primer and Class "A" clear coat.
Large parts are our forte. We assemble production-sequenced kits of pultruded parcel rack shells, heat ducts, and RIM bus components for industry-leading customers in Winnipeg and throughout North America. Our custom-designed, welded steel shipping containers ensure your parts arrive in good condition, ready to install. Now that’s dependability!
Transportation requirements are met through air, highway, and rail service. Famed for the Gimli Glider, the Gimli Airport – immediately adjacent to the plant - has a 6,400 ft. airstrip capable of handling air cargo and executive jets and is only an hour away by car from Winnipeg’s James Armstrong Richardson International Airport. Highways 7, 8, and 9 link Gimli to Winnipeg and the rest of Manitoba. CP Rail provides a Gimli-to-Winnipeg rail freight service. We routinely ship hog flooring kits to our distributors around the World.