Introducing Portal™, a revolutionary, low-cost tooling technology for affordable P-DCPD, your gateway to profits.
Access panels and grilles for MCI’s J4500 coach.
Continuous process improvement and innovation has yielded a process revolution that breaks the stranglehold of high tooling costs. For the first time, low-cost RIM tooling is available for low volume applications using P-DCPD! When production hits the capacity wall, Portal™ is the ideal upgrade from open-molding and RTM-lite, especially when a lightweight, high strength, thickness-controlled part with a Class “A” finish is required.
Typical applications include a wide range of parts for commercial trucks, buses and coaches, agricultural and construction equipment - particularly those subject to impact and requiring an excellent surface with outstanding paintability.
Portal P-DCPD is suited to the following applications:
- large hoods and engine side covers
- front and rear fascia panels for transit buses and OTRBs.
- instrument panels & side consoles
- access panels and hatches
- fenders and skirts where impact is an issue
- intricate grilles
- headlight and taillight bezels
This low-cost, Class “A” polymer provides designers and engineers with a new set of tools to differentiate their product, control costs,and enhance margin.
Key benefits of the Portal Tooling Process are:
- Low tooling investment
- Quick response time – 12 -14 weeks from receipt of approved CAD to Portal mold set; 15 weeks to hybrid mold set(nickel shell cavity with standard counter-mold)
- Mold life cycle superior to open mold or RTM-lite
- 200 -1000 cycles, higher with hybrid molds
- Mold life can be extended indefinitely by generating new tooling surface from the original mold masters
- Moderate changes to geometry without breaking the bank